|2014||Ph.D., Biological Systems Engineering – University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI|
|2009||M.S., Civil Engineering – Auburn University, Auburn, AL|
|2007||B.S., Agricultural Engineering, Punjab Agricultural University (India)|
|Aug. 2015-Present||Assistant Professor, Biosystems Engineering Department, Auburn University, Auburn, AL|
|Aug. 2014-July 2015||Post-doctoral Scholar, Department of Ecosystem Science and Management, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA|
Honors and Awards
|-Alabama ASABE Section’s Distinguished Young Engineer Award, 2019|
|-2019 Class of New Faces of ASABE – Professionals
|–Dean’s Grantsmanship Award, 2018|
|-ASABE Superior Paper Award, 2013
|-Gamma Sigma Delta, The Honor Society of Agriculture|
|-Alpha Epsilon, Agricultural Engineering Honor Society
|American Water Resources Association (AWRA)|
|American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE)|
|American Geophysical Union (AGU)|
Jasmeet Lamba’s research centers on addressing issues related to environmental and agricultural sustainability using field and laboratory based experiments and watershed-level modeling. Within this broad framework, he conducts research in the area of sediment fingerprinting; environmental fate and transport of sediment and phosphorus within a watershed; waste management; in-stream sediment/nutrient dynamics.
|BSEN 5220/6220 GEOSPATIAL TECHNOLOGIES IN BIOSYSTEMS (EVERY FALL)|
|BSEN 5520/6520 WATERSHED MODELING (EVERY SPRING)|
|BSEN 3230 NATURAL RESOURCE CONSERVATION ENGINEERING (SPRING 2017)|
- Sangha, L., J. Lamba, and H. Kumar. 2020. Effect of ENSO Based Upstream Water Withdrawals for Irrigation on Downstream Water Withdrawals. Hydrology Research 51(4): 602-619. https://doi.org/10.2166/nh.2020.156.
- Sangha, L., J. Lamba, H. Kumar, P. Srivastava, M. Dougherty and R. Prasad. 2020. An Innovative Approach to Rainwater Harvesting for Irrigation Based on ENSO Forecasts. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation 75(5): 565-578 doi:10.2489/jswc.2020.00085.
- Karki, R., P. Srivastava, D.D. Bosch, L. Kalin, J. Lamba, and T.C. Strickland. 2020. Multivariable Sensitivity Analysis, Calibration, and Validation of a Feld-scale SWAT Model: Building Stakeholder Trust in Hydrologic/water quality Modeling. Transactions of the ASABE 63(2): 523-539. doi: 10.13031/trans.13576 .
- Malhotra, K., J. Lamba and S. Shepherd. 2020. Sources of Stream Bed Sediment in an Urbanized Watershed. CATENA 184, 104228. https://doi.org/10.101/j.catena.2019.104228.
- Lamba, J., P. Srivastava, T.R. Way and K. Malhotra. 2019. Effect of Broiler Litter Application Method on Metal Runoff from Pastures. Journal of Environmental Quality 48 (6), 1856-1862. doi:10.2134/jeq2018.08.0318.
- Good, L., R. Carvin, J. Lamba and F. Fitzpatrick. 2019. Seasonal Variation in Sediment and Phosphorus Yields in Four Wisconsin Agricultural Watersheds. Journal of Environmental Quality 48(4): 950-958. doi: 10.2134/jeq2019.03.0134.
- Arora, P., J. Lamba, P. Srivastava and L. Kalin. 2019. Modeling Effectiveness of Broiler Litter Application Method for Reducing Phosphorus and Nitrogen Losses. Hydrology Research 50(4): 1047-1061. https://doi.org/10.2166/nh.2019.017.
- Lamba, J., K.G. Karthikeyan, A.M. Thompson, K. Malhotra, N.L.H. Huisman and G. Peaslee. 2019. Using Atmospheric Fallout Radionuclides 137Cs and 210Pbxs to Identify Suspended Sediment Sources in an Agricultural Watershed. Transactions of the ASABE 62(2): 529-538.
- Lamba, J., P. Srivastava, S. Mitra and T.R. Way. 2018. Using Soil Phosphorus Measurements to Assess the Effectiveness of Subsurface-Band Application of Broiler Litter in Reducing Phosphorus Leaching. Transactions of the ASABE 61(1): 133-138.
- Malhotra, K., J. Lamba, P. Srivastava, and S. Shepherd. 2018. Fingerprinting Suspended Sediment Sources in an Urbanized Watershed. Water 2018, 10(11), 1573; https://doi.org/10.3390/w10111573.
- Mitra, S., P. Srivastava, and J. Lamba. 2018. Probabilistic Assessment of Projected Climatological Drought Characteristics Over the Southeast USA. Climatic Change. 147(3-4): 601-615. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10584-018-2161-y.
- Lamba, J., A.M. Thompson, K.G. Karthikeyan, J. Panuska, and L. Good. 2016. Effect of Best Management Practice Implementation on Sediment and Phosphorus Load Reductions at Subwatershed and Watershed Scale Using SWAT Model. International Journal of Sediment Research. 31(4): 386-394.
- Lamba, J., A.M. Thompson, K.G. Karthikeyan, and F. Fitzpatrick. 2015. Sources of Fine Sediment Stored in Agricultural Lowland Streams, Midwest, USA. Geomorphology. 236(0):44-53.
- Lamba, J., T.R. Way, P. Srivastava, and D. B. Watts. 2015. A method for Subsurface-Banding Poultry Litter in Plots Not Accessible with Conventional Field Equipment. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. 31(4): 555-558.
- Lamba, J., K.G. Karthikeyan, and A.M. Thompson. 2015. Apportionment of Suspended Sediment Sources in an Agricultural Watershed Using Sediment Fingerprinting. Geoderma. 239–240 (0):25-33.
- Lamba, J., K.G. Karthikeyan, and A.M. Thompson. 2015. Using Radiometric Fingerprinting and Phosphorus to Elucidate Sediment Transport Dynamics in an Agricultural Watershed. Hydrological Processes. 29(12): 2681-2693.
- Lamba, J., P. Srivastava, T.R. Way, S. Sen, C.W. Wood, and K. Yoo. 2013. Nutrient Loss in Leachate and Surface Runoff from Surface-Broadcast and Subsurface-Banded Broiler Litter. Journal of Environmental Quality. 42(5): 1574-1582.
- Huisman, N.L.H., K.G. Karthikeyan, J. Lamba, A.M. Thompson, and G. Peaslee. 2013. Quantification of Seasonal Sediment and Phosphorus Transport Dynamics in an Agricultural Watershed Using Radiometric Fingerprinting Techniques. Journal of Soils and Sediments. 13(10): 1724-1734.
- Lamba, J., T.R. Way, P. Srivastava, S. Sen, C.W. Wood, and K. Yoo. 2012. Surface Transport of Nutrients From Surface-Broadcast and Subsurface-Banded Broiler Litter. Transactions of the ASABE. 55(3): 995-1002.
- Way, T.R., J. Lamba, and P. Srivastava. 2011. A method for Installing Zero-Tension Pan and Wick Lysimeters in Soil. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. 27(5): 747-755.
Ph.D. and M.S. research assistantships available for students with interests in the area of hydrologic and water quality modeling and sediment fingerprinting. A strong background/interest in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable: soil and water engineering, ArcGIS, computer programming. For more information about these positions, please contact Dr. Jasmeet Lamba, Assistant Professor, Department of Biosystems Engineering, Auburn University, Auburn, AL (Email: email@example.com).
Current graduate students
Kritika Malhotra, Ph.D. Student
Bijoychandra Singh, Ph.D. Student
Cami Shands, M.S. Student (Co-advisor)
past graduate students
Laljeet Singh Sangha, M.S. Student
Kritika Malhotra, M.S. Student
Palki Arora, M.S. Student