|2014||Ph.D., Biological Systems Engineering – University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI|
|2009||M.S., Civil Engineering – Auburn University, Auburn, AL|
|2007||B.S., Agricultural Engineering, Punjab Agricultural University (India)|
|Aug. 2015-Present||Assistant Professor, Biosystems Engineering Department, Auburn University, Auburn, AL|
|Aug. 2014-July 2015||Post-doctoral Scholar, Department of Ecosystem Science and Management, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA|
Honors and Awards
|-ASABE Superior Paper Award, 2013: Paper Information: Lamba, J., T. Way, P. Srivastava, S. Sen, C.W. Wood, and K. Yoo. 2012. Surface Transport of Nutrients From Surface-Broadcast and Subsurface-Banded Broiler Litter. Transactions of the ASABE. 55(3): 995-1002.|
|-Gamma Sigma Delta, The Honor Society of Agriculture|
|-Alpha Epsilon, Agricultural Engineering Honor Society|
|American Water Resources Association (AWRA)|
|American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE)|
|American Geophysical Union (AGU)|
Jasmeet Lamba’s research centers on addressing issues related to environmental and agricultural sustainability using field and laboratory based experiments and watershed-level modeling. Within this broad framework, he conducts research in the area of sediment fingerprinting; environmental fate and transport of sediment and phosphorus within a watershed; waste management; in-stream sediment/nutrient dynamics.
|BSEN 5220/6220 GEOSPATIAL TECHNOLOGIES IN BIOSYSTEMS (EVERY FALL)|
|BSEN 5520/6520 WATERSHED MODELING (EVERY SPRING)|
|BSEN 3230 NATURAL RESOURCE CONSERVATION ENGINEERING (SPRING 2017)|
- Lamba, J., P. Srivastava, S. Mitra and T.R. Way. 2018. Using Soil Phosphorus Measurements to Assess the Effectiveness of Subsurface-Band Application of Broiler Litter in Reducing Phosphorus Leaching. Transactions of the ASABE 61(1): 133-138.
- Mitra, S., P. Srivastava, and J. Lamba. Climatic Change. 2018. Probabilistic assessment of projected climatological
drought characteristics over the Southeast USA. 147: 601. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10584-018-2161-y.
- Lamba, J., A.M. Thompson, K.G. Karthikeyan, J. Panuska, and L. Good. 2016. Effect of best management practice implementation on sediment and phosphorus load reductions at subwatershed and watershed scale using SWAT model. International Journal of Sediment Research. 31(4): 386-394 [Link]
- Lamba, J., A.M. Thompson, K.G. Karthikeyan, and Faith A. Fitzpatrick. 2015. Sources of Fine Sediment Stored in Agricultural Lowland Streams, Midwest, USA. Geomorphology. 236(0):44-53. [Link]
- Lamba, J., T.R. Way, P. Srivastava, and D. B. Watts. 2015. A method for Subsurface-Banding Poultry Litter in Plots Not Accessible with Conventional Field Equipment. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. 31(4): 555-558.
- Lamba, J., K.G. Karthikeyan, and A.M. Thompson. 2015. Apportionment of Suspended Sediment Sources in an Agricultural Watershed Using Sediment Fingerprinting. Geoderma. 239–240 (0):25-33. [Link]
- Lamba, J., K.G. Karthikeyan, and A.M. Thompson. 2015. Using Radiometric Fingerprinting and Phosphorus to Elucidate Sediment Transport Dynamics in an Agricultural Watershed. Hydrological Processes. 29(12): 2681-2693. [Link]
- Lamba, J., P. Srivastava, T.R. Way, S. Sen, C.W. Wood, and K. Yoo. 2013. Nutrient Loss in Leachate and Surface Runoff from Surface-Broadcast and Subsurface-Banded Broiler Litter. Journal of Environmental Quality. 42(5): 1574-1582. [Link]
- Huisman, N.L.H., K.G. Karthikeyan, J. Lamba, A.M. Thompson, and G. Peaslee. 2013. Quantification of Seasonal Sediment and Phosphorus Transport Dynamics in an Agricultural Watershed Using Radiometric Fingerprinting Techniques. Journal of Soils and Sediments. 13(10): 1724-1734. [Link]
- Lamba, J., T.R. Way, P. Srivastava, S. Sen, C.W. Wood, and K. Yoo. 2012. Surface Transport of Nutrients From Surface-Broadcast and Subsurface-Banded Broiler Litter. Transactions of the ASABE. 55(3): 995-1002.
- Way, T.R., J. Lamba, and P. Srivastava. 2011. A method for Installing Zero-Tension Pan and Wick Lysimeters in Soil. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. 27(5): 747-755.
Ph.D. and M.S. research assistantships available for students with interests in the area of hydrologic and water quality modeling and sediment fingerprinting. A strong background/interest in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable: soil and water engineering, ArcGIS, computer programming. For more information about these positions, please contact Dr. Jasmeet Lamba, Assistant Professor, Department of Biosystems Engineering, Auburn University, Auburn, AL (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Current graduate students
Kritika Malhotra, Ph.D. Student
Laljeet Singh Sangha, M.S. Student
past graduate students
Kritika Malhotra, M.S. Student
Palki Arora, M.S. Student